Monday, April 23, 2007

Event of Interest: WPO 10th Anniversary Conference

The first testimonial from a Chicago member regarding last week's conference in Scottsdale, AZ:
Hi all,

I am still reeling from all of the wonderful information the conference offered. It has been such a great decision to join WPO and the conference was well worth the trip. I met so many outstanding ladies – especially those from our three (3) chapters in Chicago!

Some of the things I was most impressed about were:

1. As a former speech teacher, I was so impressed with the common thread of the sessions. In every session I was in, the speaker mentioned another previous speaker’s words whether agreeing or disagreeing and added many good thoughts in as well. Out of all the conferences I have been to, I thought this was a special added bonus that spoke to our group and the enthusiasm the speaker’s clearly felt as well.

2. The quality of the speakers. I have been to conferences where I am reading a book because the sessions are so boring. This was definitely not the case.

3. How warmly I was welcomed and how warmly my mother, who is also my associate, was welcomed. In the opening session we were asked to stand with other mother/daughter teams and I thought that was just great. My mother, all teary-eyed, told me how much that meant to her!

Anyway, thanks to all who met me and I look forward to next year’s conference in Boston!

Kim

Kim Kleeman
President
Shakespeare Squared
More to follow. Stay tuned.

No comments: